Re: [GENERAL] Timezone locale consistency for functional indexes

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Timezone locale consistency for functional indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/12/2017 06:11 AM, Olav Gjerde wrote:

Oops sent previous post before actual reply.

> I figured out the issue, it was as simple as some developers used the
> default in Java's Hibernate which created the timestamp columns
> without time zone.
>
> Anyway I guess this is the correct approach that also take summer time
> into consideration? And using the immutable function wrapper is wrong?

By correct approach, you mean setting timezone to 'UTC'?

If by immutable function wrapper, you mean faking the immutability of a
function, then yes I would see that as wrong.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Timezone locale consistency for functional indexes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100