Re: XX000: tuple concurrently deleted during DROP STATISTICS

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: XX000: tuple concurrently deleted during DROP STATISTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/8/23 20:58, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> On 11/8/23 16:52, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Shouldn't DROP STATISTICS be taking a lock on the associated table
>>> that is strong enough to lock out ANALYZE?
>
>> Yes, I think that's the correct thing to do. I recall having a
>> discussion about this with someone while working on the patch, leading
>> to the current code. But I haven't managed to find that particular bit
>> in the archives :-(
>> Anyway, the attached patch should fix this by getting the lock, I think.
>
> This looks generally correct, but surely we don't need it to be as
> strong as AccessExclusiveLock?  There seems no reason to conflict with
> ordinary readers/writers of the table.
>
> ANALYZE takes ShareUpdateExclusiveLock, and offhand I think this
> command should do the same.

Right. I did copy that from DROP TRIGGER code somewhat mindlessly, but
you're right this does not need block readers/writers.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Syncrep and improving latency due to WAL throttling
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Wrong sentence in the README?