Re: pg_dump - txt sql vs binary

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: pg_dump - txt sql vs binary
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 10:33:50AM +0200, Ciprian Hodorogea wrote:
> >
> > I have Postgres 8.1.1 installed on a Windows machine and on a Linux
> > machine. When I do pg_dump (from Windows) and then pg_restore from
> > Linux, I get 52 errors, which I ignore and things seem to work fine, but
> > I suppose something is wrong about this...
>
> > It is only the setup from the website that I have installed and not
> > other contribs.
>
> Did you build from source or did you install a pre-built package?
> If from source then the contributed modules are in the contrib
> directory; if from a package then look around for another package
> that contains the contributed modules.

when installing from the pg_installer
(http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org) it let you to install
contrib modules just selecting them (and easy way to do it... so they
appear to newbies as just other options in the server, and not as
contrib modules), also it defaults to install plpgsql in template1 and
let you install and activate (i don't know what it refers with
'activate') postgis and pl/java when selecting options for the
server...

it also install some pgadmin support functions by default...

just ignore warnings works for me because i don't use most of these
things, and for plpgsql i create it by hand in linux before run the
script generated by pg_dump

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump - txt sql vs binary
От: "Jagan"
Сообщение: Database Clustering