Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-08-30 at 09:09 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Admittedly, I didn't complete the dummy-FDW approach, so perhaps it
> works out better overall. I can give it a try.

We need to hide the dummy FDW from pg_dump. And we need to hide it from
psql's \dew, because that's used in tests and prints the owner's name,
and the bootstrap superuser doesn't have a consistent name. But I
didn't find a good way to hide it because it doesn't have a schema.

The best I could come up with is special-casing by the name, but that
seems like a pretty bad hack. For other built-in objects, psql is
willing to print them out if you just specify something like "\dT
pg_catalog.*", but that wouldn't work here. We could maybe do something
based on the "pg_" prefix, but we'd have to retroactively restrict FDWs
with that prefix, which sounds like a bad idea.

Suggestions?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: John Morris
Сообщение: Re: Add tracking of backend memory allocated to pg_stat_activity
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER