Re: Binaries for EOL version?

От Evan Rempel
Тема Re: Binaries for EOL version?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
No. The original request was for the RPMs from a yum repository. You have to use a yum capable system.

On 2023-10-19 13:02, Ron wrote:

Even Ubuntu and Windows?

On 10/19/23 14:44, Evan Rempel wrote:
You can do that on any host and use the yum download only or if you want it all use reposync.
Then you can copy the actual RPMS anywhere you want.

Evan.

On 2023-10-19 12:06, Ron wrote:

Ah.  But I can't do that, since the server is behind many firewalls, and only has access to an internal RHEL mirror.

The "current" binaries are all accessible via web browser (and curl), so it puzzles me why yum-archive isn't.

I opened Redmine issue 7892 to make them available.

On 10/19/23 13:38, Evan Rempel wrote:
The packages you need are definitely on the postgresql yum server. The repository can not be browsed, but if you add the yum repository definition file as documented at the bottom of the page

you will be able to do a "yum install amcheck_next96" easily.

cat << EOF > /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-96.repo
[pgdg96]
name=PostgreSQL 9.6 RPMs for RHEL/CentOS 6
baseurl=https://yum-archive.postgresql.org/9.6/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG
EOF

On 2023-10-19 10:54, Ron wrote:

On 10/19/23 12:30, Tom Lane wrote:
[snip]
amcheck was not part of the Postgres source tree until v10.
It might exist in some form for 9.6, but you'd have to look
outside the standard distribution channels

amcheck_next96 binary RPM were absolutely distributed by download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-6.

I downloaded amcheck_next96-1.4.1 when I downloaded 9.6.22, but did not download amcheck_next96-1.4.5 with 9.6.24.

If push comes to shove, I can probably install the 1.4.1 RPM along side 9.6.24.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

--
Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia.

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: Vacuumdb on a table
От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Binaries for EOL version?