Re: Consider \v to the list of whitespace characters in the parser

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Consider \v to the list of whitespace characters in the parser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21.06.23 08:45, Michael Paquier wrote:
> One thing I was wondering: has the SQL specification anything specific
> about the way vertical tabs should be parsed?

SQL has "whitespace", which includes any Unicode character with the
White_Space property (which includes \v), and <newline>, which is
implementation-defined.

So nothing there speaks against treating \v as a (white)space character
in the SQL scanner.

In scan.l, you might want to ponder horiz_space: Even though \v is
clearly not "horizontal space", horiz_space already includes \f, which
is also not horizontal IMO.  I think horiz_space is really all space
characters except newline characters.  Maybe this should be rephrased.

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Todo: Teach planner to evaluate multiple windows in the optimal order
От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: Optionally using a better backtrace library?