Re: (FAQ?) JOIN condition - 'WHERE NULL = NULL'

От Ian Sillitoe
Тема Re: (FAQ?) JOIN condition - 'WHERE NULL = NULL'
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> We are annotating nodes on a hierarchical structure
> where NULL implied an

I don't mean to be rude, but yuck.  Why provide a
record for data that isn't there?

No offence taken - I'm trying to improve an old (partially inherited) system, hence the original post.

I have no idea if this model would work for you, but
maybe it will help.

That approach all sounds sensible, however going through the links that Richard Broersma sent over in a previous post - I'm currently leaning towards the flexibility and intuitive interface that ltree contrib module appears to offer.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/ltree.html

Cheers,

Ian

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: simple update queries take a long time - postgres 8.3.1
От: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Сообщение: is it helpful for the optimiser/planner to add LIMIT 1