Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: [17] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION ... SERVER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/12/24 20:17, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2024-01-05 at 16:11 +0530, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
>> I don't think we need to add a test for every FDW. E.g. adding a test
>> in file_fdw would be pointless. But postgres_fdw is special. The test
>> could further create a foreign table ftab_foo on subscriber
>> referencing foo on publisher and then compare the data from foo and
>> ftab_foo to make sure that the replication is happening. This will
>> serve as a good starting point for replicated tables setup in a
>> sharded cluster.
>>

> Attached updated patch set with added TAP test for postgres_fdw, which
> uses a postgres_fdw server as the source for subscription connection
> information.
>
> I think 0004 needs a bit more work, so I'm leaving it off for now, but
> I'll bring it back in the next patch set.

I took a quick scan through the patch. The only thing that jumped out at
me was that it seems like it might make sense to use
quote_literal_cstr() rather than defining your own appendEscapedValue()
function?

--
Joe Conway
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Konstantin Knizhnik
Сообщение: Re: Custom explain options
От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning