Re: archive not showing all attachements

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: archive not showing all attachements
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 3/24/22 3:24 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a recent email Horiguchi-san attached an incremental patch as .txt,
> presumably to avoid confusing cfbot. I just noticed that the archives don't
> offer a download link:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220323.163833.1929400812667041796.horikyota.ntt%40gmail.com
>
> but in my mail reader it's perfectly visible.
>
> I don't know if it's caused by the file ending or Horiguchi-san's email client
> using text/Plain rather than text/plain. As far as I understand mime types are
> supposed to be case insensitive, so text/Plain is perfectly correct, albeit a
> little unusual.

I ran into a similar issue while using Mac mail, where attached patches
wouldn't post to the archives. I switched to Thunderbird solely for
posting to the mailing lists.

That said, that may be a thread worth pulling. It looks like we do
case-sensitivity checking on the MIME type based on the
"get_content_type" docs[1][2].

If you have the raw message, it may be good to manually run through the
code and see what's happening in the the "recursive_get_attachments" to
see root cause and potentially fix this.

(I don't have access to the server side directly, so I can't test it. I
may be able to parse it from the mbox, which in that case, I'll try this
out later).

Jonathan

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgarchives.git;a=blob;f=loader/lib/parser.py;hb=HEAD#l257
[2]
https://docs.python.org/3/library/email.message.html#email.message.EmailMessage.get_content_type

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: archive not showing all attachements
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: archive not showing all attachements