Absent output from psql

От John Gage
Тема Absent output from psql
Дата
Re: Absent output from psql  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
This is a series of commands I issued to psql:

1) EFN=# \o aatest01.txt \i ./TestQuery01.txt
2) EFN=# \i ./TestQuery01.txt
3) EFN=# \p
4) select * from vocabulary_sources
;
5) EFN=# \g
6) EFN=# \p
7) select * from vocabulary_sources
;
8) EFN=# \echo yes man
9) yes man

I have numbered the lines for convenience only.

After I execute line 1), the results of the two queries contained in the TestQuery01.txt file can be found in aatest01.txt.  Good.  Excellent.

However, line 2) results in no output to any place I can discover.  Definitely not to the terminal screen I am typing in.

Nonetheless line 3) prints the query buffer on the screen.  And \echo prints what follows to the screen.

There seem to be two different STDOUT, one of which is in another dimension.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks very much,

John