Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?

От Ravi Krishna
Тема Re: existing row not found by SELECT ... WHERE CTID = ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> No.  PostgreSQL may remove a dead row, but a dead row is by definition
> no longer visible, so it wouldn't be found by a query.

I am wondering whether it is a good practice to use CTID in a where
clause.  years ago when I use to code in Informix, using ROWID as a
generic substitute for primary key was discouraged precisely for the
same reason as described here for CTID. Sometimes rowid can change under
concurrent updates.

От: Carsten Klein
Сообщение: Connect to specific cluster on command line
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Connect to specific cluster on command line