Re: vacuum and postgresql.conf settings

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: vacuum and postgresql.conf settings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Walter Vaughan writes:

> Well, why did it only scan 3000 pages out of 5033? It decided it didn't need to?
> It took a sample and decided it was gonna be okay?

I don't know. Hopefully others with more knowledge can answer.

I think it could be because the pages did not need to be looked at.
Perhaps the database tracks whether a page has deleted information and those
are the ones that vacuum looks into.

От: "Mark Soper"
Сообщение: Dynamically generating DDL for postgresql object
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: vacuum and postgresql.conf settings