Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 17.10.23 03:32, Krishnakumar R wrote:
>> The version comparison has been moved from initdb to bootstrap. This
>> created some compatibility problems with windows tests. For now I kept
>> the version check to not have \n added, which worked fine and serves
>> the purpose. However hoping to have something better in v3 in addition
>> to addressing any other comments.
>
> With help from Thomas, figured out that on windows fopen uses binary
> mode in the backend which causes issues with EOL. Please find the
> attached patch updated with a fix for this.

I suggest that this patch set be split up into three incremental parts:

1. Move some build-time settings from initdb to postgres.bki.
2. The database locale handling.
3. The bki file handling.

Each of these topics really needs a separate detailed consideration.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap
От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: ResourceOwner refactoring