Re: [Patch] Make pg_checksums skip foreign tablespace directories

От David Steele
Тема Re: [Patch] Make pg_checksums skip foreign tablespace directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/31/20 3:59 AM, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 31.01.2020, 13:53 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
>> On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 06:11:22PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
>> Having a past tablespace version left
>> around after an upgrade is a pilot error in my opinion because
>> pg_upgrade generates a script to cleanup past tablespaces, no?  So
>> your patch does not look like a good idea to me.
>
> Not sure I agree with it, but if that (i.e. after pg_upgrade in copy
> mode, you have no business to use the old cluster as well as the new
> one) is project policy, fair enough.

I don't see how this is project policy.  The directories for other
versions of Postgres should be ignored as they are in other utilities,
e.g. pg_basebackup.

> However, Postgres does not disallow to just create tablespaces in the
> same location from two different versions, so you don't need the
> pg_upgade scenario to get into this (pg_checksums checking the wrong
> cluster's data) problem:

Exactly.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

От: David Steele
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] Make pg_checksums skip foreign tablespace directories
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [WIP] Effective storage of duplicates in B-tree index.