pgarchives: issue (?) when responding to a message on another list

От Célestin Matte
Тема pgarchives: issue (?) when responding to a message on another list
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I've fixed the issue with primary keys listed in another thread [1] and now encounter a strange behaviour when testing:
respondingto a message on a different list than the original recipient list saves this message in both lists' archives
(itis saved in the database once, but appears on both lists). I'm now wondering if this is expected behaviour or a
problemin my fix or install.

Given that messages belong to threads (and not lists), which can belong to several lists, I guess this is the intended
behaviour.

This use case happens for instance when a user responds to a message posted in an *-announce list to a more general
list.In such case, it is inappropriate to archive the message in the more restricted *-announce list.

I've looked for an example in postgresql archives to see if this happens in the deployment for postgresql but haven't
managedto find one as it's pretty rare.

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevExzjRo-=9Hg4CDdnGHuQB1L6uAwekni0mz-1CECaMcGZA@mail.gmail.com
--
Célestin Matte

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: Re: Possible Bug in events page
От: "Pavlo Golub"
Сообщение: Wiki editor request