Re: psql \copy hanging

От Arnaud L.
Тема Re: psql \copy hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 04/10/2019 à 19:08, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> On 10/4/19 12:19 AM, Arnaud L. wrote:
>> OK I can do that. I thought I nailed it down to this line because it
>> started failing when this line was ~5th in the script, and it kept
>> failing on that very same line after I moved it at the very end of the
>> script (that's where it is now).
>
> Which tends to point to it as the problem. The question is whether it
> exhibits that behavior on its own or only when in combination with the
> other commands.

Yes. It ran fine this last night. I had moved the line back to its
original place, so now everything is exactly like it was before it
started showing this behaviour.

So, still apparently random...

>> As a side note, COPY (...) TO STDOUT \g 'somefile' does not work in a
>> script file (i.e. it does not work if the command is passed in a file
>> via the -f argument).
>> The command runs fine, no error is raised either by the client or the
>> server, but no file is written.
>
> Yeah not sure how that is supposed to work:

[...]
> production_(postgres)# \copy (select * from cell_per) TO STDOUT \g
> 'cell.txt'
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "\"
> LINE 1: COPY  ( select * from cell_per ) TO STDOUT \g 'cell.txt'

This works with real SQL commands, so it should be "COPY" here, not "\copy".

Regards
--
Arnaud

От: Arya F
Сообщение: will postgresql-12-postgis-2.5 become available in the postgres repository?
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: RowDescription message