Feature Request: Allow additional special characters at the beginning of the name.

От Mark Simon
Тема Feature Request: Allow additional special characters at the beginning of the name.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

I am very new to this list, so I don’t know whether this is the right place.

Microsoft SQL and MySQL both use the @ sign at the beginning of their variables. The most obvious benefit of this is that it is very easy to distinguish between variable names and column names.

I’m not asking for a change in how PostgreSQL manages variables, but whether it’s possible to allow the @ sign, and possibly the $ sign to start a variable name. I am aware that the _ can start a variable name, but the other characters are a little more eye-catching.

Does that make sense?

--
#signature { color: #00008B; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; border: solid #00008B; border-width: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px 12px; } #signature h1 { font-size: 125%; margin: 4px 0px; } #signature p { margin: 4px 0px; } #signature a { color: #005247; text-decoration: none; } #signature .label { display: inline-block; width: 60px; font-weight: bold; }

Mark Simon

Manngo Net Pty Ltd

mobile:0411 246 672

email:mark@manngo.net
web:http://www.manngo.net

Resume:http://mark.manngo.net

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: should we allow users with a predefined role to access pg_backend_memory_contexts view and pg_log_backend_memory_contexts function?gr
От: Greg Nancarrow