Re: Issue when inserting Slovak characters in database via PHP code

От Tomi NA
Тема Re: Issue when inserting Slovak characters in database via PHP code
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2006/11/4, Alain Roger <raf.news@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to cross post this mail but i'm not able to know from where comes my
> issue.
> I have a postgreSQL database in UNICODE (UTF-8 in v8.1.4 and UNICODE in
> v8.0.1).
>
> Via my web application i type a sentence in Slovak language and it is stored
> into DB without any slovak characters. Instead of that, all particular
> characters are replace with \303\251 or \303\206 or \304\314 and so on...
>
> I was thinking that issue was coming from DB encryption but on 2 different
> versions of DB (see above) i get the same result.
> after, i was thinking that it was coming from my web browser, but even if i
> setup character mode in central europe and Slovak language as default
> coding...nothing change...i tried on IE and Firefox.

Sounds like all your tests were conducted through a web interface: if
the encoding you enter your data in (a function of your environment)
is invalid, you might get the data you see in your database.

Cheers,
t.n.a.

От: "Alain Roger"
Сообщение: Issue when inserting Slovak characters in database via PHP code
От: AgentM
Сообщение: Re: UNICODE and UTF-8