Partitioning: INSERT 0 0 but want INSERT 0 1

От Nikolas Everett
Тема Partitioning: INSERT 0 0 but want INSERT 0 1
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I figure this subject belongs on the performance mailing list because it is about partitioning, which is a performance issue.

I'm working on partitioning some of the tables used by an application that uses OpenJPA.  It turns out that OpenJPA is sensitive to the numbers returned when you do an insert.  So I put together a test and attached it.  My postgres version is 8.3.1 compiled from source.

My problem is that this:
test=> INSERT INTO ttt (a, b) VALUES ('5-5-08', 'test11212');
INSERT 0 0
Time: 21.646 ms
needs to show:
INSERT 0 1

or OpenJPA will not accept it.  The insert works, but OpenJPA does not believe it and aborts the current transaction.

Is it possible to have partitioning and have insert show the right number of rows inserted?

Thanks,

--Nik

От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: Re: Query Optimization with Kruskal’s Algorithm
От: "Neil Peter Braggio"
Сообщение: Re: Partitioning: INSERT 0 0 but want INSERT 0 1