Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/3/23 12:25 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 9:00 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org>
>> wrote:
>>> I don't see why this is an open item as this feature was not committed
>>> for v16. Open items typically revolve around committed features.
>
>> The argument is that updating the psql \d views to show the newly added
>> options is something that the patch to add those options should have done
>> before being committed.
>
> Yeah, if there is not any convenient way to see that info in psql
> then that seems like a missing part of the feature.

[RMT hat]

OK -- I was rereading the thread again to see if I could glean that
insight. There was a comment buried in the thread with David's opinion
on that front, but no one had +1'd that.

However, if this is for feature completeness, I'll withdraw the closing
of the open item, but would strongly suggest we complete it in time for
Beta 1.

[Personal hat]

Looking at Pavel's latest patch, I do find the output easy to
understand, though do we need to explicitly list "empty" if there are no
membership permissions?

Thanks,

Jonathan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: psql: Add role's membership options to the \du+ command
От: Matthias Kurz
Сообщение: Re: SQL/JSON revisited