Re: pgsql --echo-errors --quiet and setval

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pgsql --echo-errors --quiet and setval
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 9/8/23 12:36, Les wrote:

>    Dear fellow PostgreSQL users,
>
> Today I caught this with postgresql v15, while restoring a database with
> psql  --echo-errors --quiet. (The dump was made using pg_dump -Fp).
>
> It logged lots of these messages:
>
>   setval
> --------
>     1001
> (1 row)
>
> In other words, it logs **some** things that are not errors, even though
> --quiet was specified. Is this the expected behaviour? I would argue
> that with --quiet --echo-errors, only errors should be logged, and
> setting the value of a sequence is not an error.

No but SELECT pg_catalog.setval(...) in the dump file is a function that
has return value and that is what you are seeing.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Les
Сообщение: pgsql --echo-errors --quiet and setval
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql --echo-errors --quiet and setval