Re: Concatenating string fields with GROUP BY clause

От stork@vnet.hu (Vajda Gabor)
Тема Re: Concatenating string fields with GROUP BY clause
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Dear Brian!

You need to write an aggregate like this:

  CREATE AGGREGATE textcat_all(
      basetype    = text,
      sfunc       = textcat,
      stype       = text,
      initcond    = ''
  );

You can use this new aggregate in your query. For example:

  SELECT partner.name, textcat_all(phones.number || ', ')
      FROM partner LEFT JOIN phones ON partner.id = phones.partner_id
      GROUP BY partner.name;

Bye,

Gabor Vajda