Re: How to find the number of rows deleted

От Andrus
Тема Re: How to find the number of rows deleted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>> Unfortunately, no result is returned if DELETE command is executed.
>> There is no SQLRowCount function in FoxPro.
>
> That's probably a feature of the language and will be so regardless of the
> database used. I expect it wraps the ODBC APIs up in a more managable
> form.

Paul,

If Microsoft SQL server I can probably the number of deleted rows using @@
variable.
So feature not getting number of rows from FoxPro is unique to Postgres in
my case.
FoxPro allows me use use odbc handle directly but I'm not sure it can help.

Is it possible to get the number of deleted rows in pg/SQL ?
How to create stored procedure which wraps delete command and returns number
of deleted rows as table column?

So I instead of delete I can use

SELECT delete_return_deleted_rows('DELETE FROM mytable WHERE mycondition');

Andrus.

От: Dan Armbrust
Сообщение: index row size exceeds btree maximum, 2713 - Solutions?
От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: Re: How to create unique constraint on NULL columns