Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministiccollation

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministiccollation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer schrieb am 05.10.2019 um 13:39:
>> Hm.  This trace says that the crash happened somewhere down inside ICU
>> itself, during the ucol_open() call in get_collation_actual_version().
>> There isn't much we could have done to mess up the arguments to that
>> function.  That would seem to mean that it's ICU's bug not ours.
>> Maybe another reason not to be using such an old ICU version :-(.
>
> I would like to test this with a newer ICU version.
>
> So I managed to setup the build environment with Visual Studio, but I can't figure out how to enable ICU for the
build.

Ah, figured it out.

config.pl has a different format compared to config_default.pl

    $config->{icu}='d:\Projects\postgres\libs\icu'

did the trick, and postgres was built with ICU support.

I can confirm that with ICU 65 the crash does not occur and the case insensitive comparison works fine as well.

Regards
Thomas

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministiccollation
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 12: backend crashes when creating non-deterministiccollation