Re: Need to find out which process is hitting hda

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Need to find out which process is hitting hda
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 14, 2007 1:33 AM, Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> wrote:
> I kept looking at the io columns and didn't even think of the swap
> partition. It's true that it's moving quite erratically but I won't say
> that it's really thrashing.

> Mem:           503        498          4          0          3        287
> -/+ buffers/cache:        207        295
> Swap:         2527        328       2199
>
> (YEP, I know I'm RAM starved on this machine)

Good lord, my laptop has more memory than that. :)

What Tom said, buy some more RAM.  Also, look at turning down the
swappiness setting as well.

От: Colin Wetherbee
Сообщение: Re: Efficiency vs. code bloat for SELECT wrappers
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Need to find out which process is hitting hda