Re: Problem with index not being chosen inside PL/PgSQL function...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Problem with index not being chosen inside PL/PgSQL function...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 18, 2007 10:54 AM, Weber, Geoffrey M.
<Geoffrey.Weber@mcleodusa.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Yes, the distribution must be what's doing it.  I guess I knew that subconciously, but was looking for something like
hintsto force the planner to do what I wanted.  Instead it looks like I'll have to do a bit of tweaking with my
indexes. Probably a partial index on the 'not_displayed_id' column.  It'll be very small and shouldn't cause much
overhead. I was trying to keep my index count down, and have had a dual-column index on (replaced_by_id,
not_displayed_id)to this point.

Fix not with a hammer that which you can fix with a screwdriver.  Fix
not with a screwdriver that which you can fix with a knob

Have you tried increasing the stats target of the guilty column and
reanalyzing to see if that helps?

От: Nathan Wilhelmi
Сообщение: Specify client encoding for backups...
От: Benoît Carpentier
Сообщение: free ETL tool using postgreSQL, new major release