Re: Database access over the Internet...

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Database access over the Internet...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> *       Do not Cc: me, because I READ THIS LIST, if I write here       *
> *    Keine Cc: am mich, ich LESE DIESE LISTE wenn ich hier schreibe    *

Again, you get to look up the options for major domo to alleviate the problem.

> ...because using 2-3 differnet databases sucks!

Agreed.  especially if they are supposed to hold the same data set.

> After IRC'ing with some peoples and discusing about  PostgreSQL,  MySQL,
> SQlite, Oracle Informix and others I like to know, if you use a database
> access over the Internet what your experience is with...

Depends.  I've used "extranet" connections that worked quite well.  If
you can talk your hosting provider(s) into setting them up for you
they're still way cheaper than having monstrous database servers all
over the place.

You can also look into using a VPN connection between hosting centers.
 This would go across the regular old internet but have the advantage
of making it look, from a networking perspective, like your machines
were sitting next to each other (except for the increase in latency of
course).

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: How to design a "customer" TABLE which hold credit card infos and other payments?
От: Andrei Kovalevski
Сообщение: Re: How to design a "customer" TABLE which hold credit card infos and other payments?