Re: File system level backup with more than one cluster folders

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: File system level backup with more than one cluster folders
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Michael Leshchenko
<Michael.Leshchenko@its.fh-giessen.de> wrote:
> Dear pg community
>
> I am newbie with PostgreSQL. I have separate table space for my databases,
> which is located in separate folder, which is different to default. I would
> like to carry out file system level backup.  Do I need to backup only folder
> with my table space or all pg folders.

Quick question, why?  If you really need it, you need to shutdown
pgsql and then run the file system backup of all the directories that
pg uses.  But a pg_dumpall is a much better way to take a backup.

От: Marcelo Martins
Сообщение: Re: moving users/roles from one server to another?
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: warm standby server