Re: Server timestamp

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Server timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Chris Bartlett
<c.bartlett@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Date and time functions like current_time return the client machine's time.
> Is there a way of getting the database server's time? I have a situation
> that requires comparison of a date stamp on records with "today", but I need
> to avoid the possibility of a user changing their computer's clock time.

I think you're confused.  According to the docs:

CURRENT_TIME and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP deliver values with time zone;
LOCALTIME and LOCALTIMESTAMP deliver values without time zone.

The time delivered is the server's time, adjusted to client's
timezone.  If you want the server time without timezone then use
localtime / localtimestamp.

It's never the client's time.