Re: Tuning resource parameters for a logging database.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Tuning resource parameters for a logging database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Alex Thurlow <alex@blastro.com> wrote:
> I should also specify how my inserts are happening I guess.  I'm actually
> doing the logs to flat files and then inserting them into the database on an
> hourly basis using COPY, so I don't need to worry as much about the log
> insert speed as I do the reporting.

Cool.  Then definitely look at partitioning, and also start running
explain analyze on your longer running queries.  You'll often find
some part of the plan that makes no sense (usually a difference
between estimated and actual returned rows is a clue).  You can earn a
lot of performance by tuning your queries in this way.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Tuning resource parameters for a logging database.
От: Karl Nack
Сообщение: After each row trigger NOT seeing data changes?