Re: Speed / Server

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Speed / Server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Nikolas Everett <nik9000@gmail.com> wrote:
> If my un-word wrapping is correct your running ~90% user cpu.  Yikes.  Could
> you get away with fewer disks for this kind of thing?

Probably, but the same workload on a 6 disk RAID-10 is 20% or so
IOWAIT.  So somewhere between 6 and 12 disks we go from significant
IOWAIT to nearly none.  Given that CPU bound workloads deteriorate
more gracefully than IO Bound, I'm pretty happy having enough extra IO
bandwidth on this machine.

От: Karl Denninger
Сообщение: Re: Best suiting OS
От: Michal Vitecek
Сообщение: Re: updating a row in a table with only one row