Re: Best Replication Tool

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Best Replication Tool
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Kiswono Prayogo <kiswono@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i'm really new to postgresql replication, was there any
> replication tool for postgresql that can do real-time replication from
> 1 database to ~3-10 database (on the other machines) with little
> overhead for load balancing purpose?

Well, you're not telling us how much traffic you're looking at or how
powerful your servers will be.  Where I work we have two large master
servers (lots of SAS drives on power hardware RAID controllers with
battery backed cache) which are our master and slave-master, so to
speak, then we currently have two, but may have more, slaves synced
off of the slave-master machine.  We use slony.  It works well enough,
but there are some issues with large numbers of db objects (lots of
tables / indexes / schemas) that we've run into with it that are
making me pull some hair out, and I haven't had time to troubleshoot
them.

Overall though, it's a quite capable system, and once it's setup and
running it's fast and stable.

There's also londiste, bucardo, and a few others worth looking at.

От: Kiswono Prayogo
Сообщение: Best Replication Tool
От: "Mark Steben"
Сообщение: ctrl-c - is it safe to kill a query?