Re: Safe operations?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Safe operations?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/12/2018 05:41 PM, Samuel Williams wrote:
> I wish the documentation would include performance details, i.e. this
> operation is O(N) or O(1) relative to the number of rows.
>
> I found renaming a table was okay.
>
> How about renaming a column? Is it O(1) or proportional to the amount of
> data?
>
> Is there any documentation about this?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-altertable.html

"RENAME

     The RENAME forms change the name of a table (or an index, sequence,
view, materialized view, or foreign table), the name of an individual
column in a table, or the name of a constraint of the table. There is no
effect on the stored data.
"

--
Adrian Klaver