Re: Disabling WAL for bulk data loads

От William Yu
Тема Re: Disabling WAL for bulk data loads
Дата
Re: Disabling WAL for bulk data loads
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Keith wrote:
> I am coming from an Oracle background - which in the case of bulk data
> loads there were several options I had where I could disable writing to
> the redo log to speed up the bulk data load (i.e. direct load, set the
> user session in no archive logging, set the affected tables to have no
> logging).

If you have enough memory, you can always make a ramdisk to store the
WAL temporarily while you bulk load data. I also temporarily alter the
config to set checkpoint_segments = 1 to use as few pg_xlog files as
possible.

От: David
Сообщение: Re: plperl again but different problem
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Disabling WAL for bulk data loads