Re: 15,000 tables

От Michael Riess
Тема Re: 15,000 tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi David,

> with 15,000 tables you are talking about a LOT of files to hold these
> (30,000 files with one index each and each database being small enough
> to not need more then one file to hold it), on linux ext2/3 this many
> files in one directory will slow you down horribly.

We use ReiserFS, and I don't think that this is causing the problem ...
although it would probably help to split the directory up using tablespaces.

But thanks for the suggestion!

От: David Lang
Сообщение: filesystem performance with lots of files
От: David Lang
Сообщение: Re: About the relation between fragmentation of file and