Re: 52.38 pg_proc (postgresql version 14)

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: 52.38 pg_proc (postgresql version 14)
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Mon, 2024-05-20 at 21:07 +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:
> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/catalog-pg-proc.html
>
> I don't know if this is a documentation problem or an error in pg_proc.
>
> The document, for the "prokind" column state the following:
>       f for a normal function, p for a procedure, a for an aggregate
> function, or w for a window function.
>
> However, there "f" is used for *both* functions and procedures.

I cannot reproduce that:

CREATE PROCEDURE noop() LANGUAGE plpgsql AS 'BEGIN NULL; END;';

SELECT prokind FROM pg_proc WHERE proname = 'noop';

 prokind
═════════
(1 row)

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Fundamental Architecture of PostgreSQL
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Ambiguous description on new columns