Re: Storing large large JSON objects in JSONB

От Aleksey M Boltenkov
Тема Re: Storing large large JSON objects in JSONB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 07/11/22 20:49, Thomas Kellerer wrote:

> Wells Oliver schrieb am 11.07.2022 um 18:25:
>>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 5:11 AM Thomas Kellerer <shammat@gmx.net
>>> <mailto:shammat@gmx.net>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Wells Oliver schrieb am 09.07.2022 um 21:37:
>>>      > We have a couple of tables where we like to store very large
>>> JSON
>>>      > objects in a JSONB column.
>>>     Note, that the upper limit for a single jsonb value is 255MB
>>>     Not 1GB as it is e.g. the case for text or json.
>
>> What exactly does that mean? The upper limit at which TOAST is used
>> for storage, or what? We certainly have objects larger than 256MB in
>> JSONB columns.
> Hmm, that's strange, because when I try to create a JSONB value that is
> larger than 256MB I get the following error:
>
>    ERROR: total size of jsonb object elements exceeds the maximum of
> 268435455 bytes
>
> Are you sure you are using jsonb, not json maybe?
> To my knowledge the json data type does not have this limit.

Wow! We are using citus for storing likely objects. 256MB. My opinion is
you are doing something wrong.

От: Wells Oliver
Сообщение: Re: Storing large large JSON objects in JSONB
От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: Improve "select count(*)" query - takes more than 30 mins for some large tables