Re: Primary key reference count

От Wiebe Cazemier
Тема Re: Primary key reference count
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 19:21, Volkan YAZICI wrote:

> Here's simple query, to list which table's which columns references to a
> specific table. (Hope this is what you asked for.)
>
> SELECT TBL.table_name, COL.column_name
>     FROM information_schema.referential_constraints AS REF
>     INNER JOIN information_schema.table_constraints AS TBL
>                USING (constraint_name)
>     INNER JOIN information_schema.constraint_column_usage AS COL
>                USING (constraint_name)
>     INNER JOIN information_schema.table_constraints AS PRI
>                ON (PRI.constraint_name = REF.unique_constraint_name)
>     WHERE PRI.table_name = 'pri_id'; -- Your target table goes here.
>
> This is a quick & dirty hack. Just wanted to show the possibility of the
> idea using information schema. (You don't want to deal with internal
> tables, ain't?)

I know the reply is somewhat late, but indeed, this would seem to be what I was
looking for. And, using the information schema instead of pg_catalog would
seem to be a better idea as well :)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Ben K."
Сообщение: Re: find all tables with a specific column name?
От: "A. R. Van Hook"
Сообщение: date array