Re: proper use of array datatype

От Nikolay Samokhvalov
Тема Re: proper use of array datatype
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/1/06, Eric Andrews <eric.m.andrews@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... and inside
> those boxes are a set of contents. what I want to do is search and
> basically "mine" data from the content sets. do I use an array
> datatype for the content column, or is there a better more efficient
> way to go about this?

What kind of content?
Is it possible to design regular table for it (a set of properties is
clear a priori)?

BTW, there is some interesting constrib module - contrib/hstore - that
allows to work with structures similar to perl's hashes. And, one more
- contrib/ltree - that provides the tree-like structures. Both are
based on GiST - that means support of index and, therefore, good
perfomance. Consider using these extensions.

--
Best regards,
Nikolay

От: "Ian Harding"
Сообщение: Re: LISTEN considered dangerous
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Autovacuum help..