Re: GenBKI emits useless open;close for catalogs without rows

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: GenBKI emits useless open;close for catalogs without rows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.11.23 08:16, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 19.09.23 20:05, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> One thing caught my eye though: We currently have an "open" command
>> after every "create". Except for bootstrap relations; creating a
>> bootstrap relation opens it implicitly. That seems like a weird
>> inconsistency. If we make "create" to always open the relation, we can
>> both make it more consistent and save a few lines. That's maybe worth
>> doing, per the attached. It removes the "open" command altogether, as
>> it's not needed anymore.
>
> This seems like a good improvement to me.
>
> It would restrict the bootstrap language so that you can only manipulate
> a table right after creating it, but I don't see why that wouldn't be
> sufficient.

Then again, this sort of achieves the opposite of what Matthias was
aiming for: You are now forcing some relations to be opened even though
we will end up closing it right away.

(In any case, documentation in bki.sgml would need to be updated for
this patch.)

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: GenBKI emits useless open;close for catalogs without rows
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Remove unnecessary 'always:' from CompilerWarnings task