Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns

От Jeremy Schneider
Тема Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns
Дата
Ответ на Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: [BUG] Logical replication failure "ERROR: could not map filenode "base/13237/442428" to relation OID" with catalog modifying txns  (Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/10/21 23:27, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

> After more thought, given DDLs are not likely to happen than DML in
> practice, ...

I haven't looked closely at the patch, but I'd be careful about
workloads where people create and drop "temporary tables". I've seen
this pattern used a few times, especially by developers who came from a
SQL server background, for some reason.

I certainly don't think we need to optimize for this workload - which is
not a best practice on PostreSQL. I'd just want to be careful not to
make PostgreSQL logical replication crumble underneath it, if PG was
previously keeping up with difficulty. That would be a sad upgrade
experience!

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Inconsistency in startup process's MyBackendId and procsignal array registration with ProcSignalInit()
От: Josef Šimánek
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson