Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Στις 5/6/21 6:34 μ.μ., ο/η Adrian Klaver έγραψε:
> On 6/5/21 2:49 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I am imagining a system that can parse papers from various sources
>> (web/files/etc) and in various formats (text, pdf, etc) and can store
>> metadata for this paper ,some kind of global ID if applicable,
>> authors, areas of research, whether the paper is "new",
>> "highlighted", "historical", type (e.g. Case reports, Clinical
>> trials), symptoms (e.g. tics, GI pain, psychological changes,
>> anxiety, ), and other key attributes (I guess dynamic), it must be
>> full text searchable, etc.
>>
>> I am at the very beginning in this and it is done on a fully
>> volunteer basis.
>>
>> Lots of questions : is there any scientific/scholar analysis software
>> already available? If yes and is really good and open source , then
>> this will influence the rest of decisions. Otherwise , I'll have to
>> form a team that can write one, in this case I'll have to decide DB,
>> language, etc. I work 20 years with pgsql so it is the natural choice
>> for any kind of data, I just ask this for the sake of completeness.
>>
>> All ideas welcome.
>
> A quick search found this:
>
> https://solutionsreview.com/data-management/the-best-open-source-data-catalog-tools-to-consider/
>

> Might be a good starting point on what is already out there.

This is interesting, so the keywords are "Data Catalog" ?

> There is also this:
>
> The Directory of Open Access Journals
> https://doaj.org/

This seems very very poor. Just try a search there and then repeat in
PMC (PubMed Central).

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles
От: Achilleas Mantzios
Сообщение: Re: Ideas for building a system that parses medical research publications/articles