Re: Table bloat in 8.3

От David Wilson
Тема Re: Table bloat in 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:03 PM,  <pgsql-general@ian.org> wrote:
> I have several tables that when I run VACUUM FULL on, they are under 200k,
> but after a day of records getting added they grow to 10 to 20 megabytes.
> They get new inserts and a small number of deletes and updates.
>
> seq_scan         | 32325
> seq_tup_read     | 39428832
> idx_scan         | 6590219
> idx_tup_fetch    | 7299318
> n_tup_ins        | 2879
> n_tup_upd        | 6829984
> n_tup_del        | 39
> n_tup_hot_upd    | 420634
> n_live_tup       | 2815
> n_dead_tup       | 0

Can you define "small number of deletes and updates"? The stats above
would disagree with "small". Remember that every update creates a new,
updated version of the row, which is where the increase is coming
from.

--
- David T. Wilson
david.t.wilson@gmail.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: sort_mem param of postgresql.conf
От: "Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz"
Сообщение: Re: sort_mem param of postgresql.conf