Re: RS_EPHEMERAL vs RS_TEMPORARY

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: RS_EPHEMERAL vs RS_TEMPORARY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-02-25 08:30, Antonin Houska wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out what's specific about RS_EPHEMERAL and RS_TEMPORARY
> slot kinds. The following comment (see definition of the
> ReplicationSlotPersistency enumeration) tells when each kind is dropped

The general idea is that an "ephemeral" slot is a future persistent slot
that is not completely initialized yet.  If there is a crash and you
find an ephemeral slot, you can clean it up.  The name is perhaps a bit
odd, you can think of it as an uninitialized one.  A temporary slot is
one that behaves like a temporary table: It is removed at the end of a
session.

Perhaps the implementation differences are not big or are none, but it's
relevant for reporting.  For example, the pg_replication_slots view
shows which slots are temporary.  You wouldn't want to show an ephemeral
slot as temporary.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Error on failed COMMIT
От: 王胜利
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics for wait event