Managing LDAP User permissions

От Wetmore, Matthew (CTR)
Тема Managing LDAP User permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Removing user from ldap config will not remove from PG.

As Far As Best Practices, I have always Expired the password in PG and comment on that employee left.  We still leave
theuser intact (with expired psswd) for any audit need.

Expiring the psswd also gives you an exact timestamp in the db when they were denied db access.

-----Original Message-----
From: sbob <sbob@quadratum-braccas.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2023 7:53 AM
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Managing LDAP User permissions

All;

I know from the docs I can deploy LDAP authentication, one we do this how do we manage permissions within the database
foevarious LDAP users?

Can I setup automatic permissions based on LDAP groups?

Can we ensure that if an employee leaves then these permissions are automatically removed?

Is there a best practice for this?

Thanks in advance

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade from PG12 to PG
От: M Sarwar
Сообщение: Re: Managing LDAP User permissions