Re: Enhancement Request

От MichaelDBA
Тема Re: Enhancement Request
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Cheat a bit....
Use a CTE with a limit on the select and then delete everything from the CTE.

Campbell, Lance wrote on 1/31/2024 2:29 PM:

It would be nice if the DELETE FROM supported LIMIT. I can already feel the dislike for this post coming back in my direction.

I have had numerous times over the years where I need to delete a lot of rows from a table but because each row is linked to so many other tables it will cause a problem in performance if I don’t limit the size of the deletion.

Just throwing this out there.

Thanks,

Lance

Regards,