Re: A question about upgrading on Debian/Ubuntu

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: A question about upgrading on Debian/Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/19 8:14 AM, stan wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 07:46:02AM -0800, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>> On 12/10/19 3:21 AM, stan wrote:
>>> I upgraded successfully on our test machine from V11 to V12 the other day.
>>
>> The below indicates that this is not the case.
>>
>>> Now it is time to upgrade the production machine. One f the lessons
>>> learned in doing this is to do "make install" on all the extensions used
>>> in the existing DB before doing the pg_dropcluster.
>>
>> If you are installing from packages then a good deal of the extensions
>> should be in postgresql-contrib and you do not have to do make install.
>
> It is installed:
>
> dpkg -l
> ii  postgresql-contrib
>>
>> Do you have packages that come from outside contrib?:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/contrib.html
>
> Yes, pgemailaddr is one.

https://github.com/petere/pgemailaddr

Installation

To build and install this module:

make
make install

**--> or selecting a specific PostgreSQL installation:

make PG_CONFIG=/some/where/bin/pg_config
make PG_CONFIG=/some/where/bin/pg_config install

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: server will not start (Debian)
От: Erwin Brandstetter
Сообщение: Fast, stable, portable hash function producing 4-byte or 8-byte values?