Problem with pg_service.conf

От Michał Lis
Тема Problem with pg_service.conf
Дата
Re: Problem with pg_service.conf  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I can't connect to a database via service defined in pg_service.conf
file from remote machine.

Connection from local machine using this service definition works fine.

I tested it on PostgreSQL 9.4 and 9.6. The other problem is with the
localization of the pg_service.conf file.

Reading internet solutions, I found, that this file may be placed in
global configuration folder.

In my case it is D:\PostgreSQLx86\9.6\etc (the SYSCONFDIR variable
displayed by pg_config.exe).

Placing the file into this folder does not work. I had to define the
global system variable PGSERVICEFILE =
D:\PostgreSQLx86\9.6\etc\pg_service.conf.

After that the connection to database via service began work, but only
on local machine.

To reproduce problem:

1. Create pg_service.conf file like this:

[test4]
host=192.168.1.2
port=5433
dbname=test
user=postgres
password=abcd

2. Save this file in a directory, in my case it was
D:\PostgreSQLx86\9.6\etc\pg_service.conf
(line ends in Linux style by NotePad++)

3. Set the global system variable:
PGSERVICEFILE =D:\PostgreSQLx86\9.6\etc\pg_service.conf

4. Restart computer to take effects for setting PGSERVICEFILE

5. Open PGAdmin 3 or 4 no matter which.

6. Add and Set database connection
- Name: test
- Host: 192.168.1.2
- Port: 0
- Service: test4
- User: <empty>
- Password: <empty>

On the local machine the connection will be established but on remote
machine the error:

"Definition of service "test4" not found"

will be raised

Connection from remote machine to server by host, port, user and
password works fine.

PostgreSQL version: 9.6.11 and 9.4
Operating system: Windows 7 x64 Pro/Ultimate

Regards
Michal

От: Mohamed Wael Khobalatte
Сообщение: Re: Switching Primary Keys to BigInt
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Switching Primary Keys to BigInt