Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2020-06-15 at 14:50 +0200, Peter wrote:
> ! An example:
> !
> ! - Backup #1 calls "pgpre.sh"
> ! - Backup #1 starts copying files
> ! - Backup #2 calls "pgpre.sh".
> !   This will cancel the first backup.
> ! - Backup #1 completes copying files.
> ! - Backup #1 calls "pgpost.sh".
> !   It will receive an error.
> !   So it has to invalidate the backup.
> ! - Backup #2 completes copying files.
> ! - Backup #2 calls "pgpost.sh".
> !   It gets a "backup_label" file and completes the backup.
>
> That's not true.

Ah, yes, you are right.
It's a while since I wrote these scripts.

Since "pgpre.sh" and "pgpost.sh" are independent, there
is no way to tell which of them belongs to which other.

So calling "pgpost.sh" indeed ends the most recently started
backup and returns "backup_label" accordingly.

That means: the caller of the scripts has to make sure
not to start a second backup while the first one is running.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Peter
Сообщение: Re: Something else about Redo Logs disappearing
От: Sonam Sharma
Сообщение: Replication error