Re: different engine for JIT

От Adrien Nayrat
Тема Re: different engine for JIT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5/3/24 10:07 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi
>
> I found https://github.com/vnmakarov/mir?tab=readme-ov-file
> <https://github.com/vnmakarov/mir?tab=readme-ov-file>
>
> It should be significantly faster than llvm (compilation).
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel

Hello,

I can't tell about JIT, it is too complicated for me ^^

Fwiw, Pierre Ducroquet wrote an article about another (faster)
implementation:
https://www.pinaraf.info/2024/03/look-ma-i-wrote-a-new-jit-compiler-for-postgresql/

Xing Guo replied to his article by mentioning another two prototypes :

– https://github.com/higuoxing/pg_slowjithttps://github.com/higuoxing/pg_asmjit

It is good to see interest in this area. Current implementation is quite
expensive and costing model risky. If often recommend disabling it and
enabling it when it is really needed. (It is disabled by default on AWS).

Regards,

--
Adrien NAYRAT

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: tablecmds.c/MergeAttributes() cleanup
От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: tablecmds.c/MergeAttributes() cleanup